ISTAT is committed to providing its members with the highest quality and best-value networking and education opportunities in commercial aviation. To that end, members benefit from an array of offerings.
Connecting the Industry
Members Between Jobs
Connecting the Industry
Through in-person events, ISTAT offers members the opportunity to do business at relevant locations around the globe. Conferences are held throughout the year and are open to all industry professionals.
As a value-add to members, ISTAT hosts a variety of complementary receptions at unique venues around the globe.
As a way of connecting the membership, ISTAT also offers a complimentary Membership Directory with contact information for all members. This Membership Directory is available online as well as via the ISTAT Community app.
ISTAT Connect Events
ISTAT shares industry insights and features members in a variety of ways.
- Jetrader Magazine — A quarterly printed magazine that reports on issues of importance to members including news about the membership, industry and ISTAT conferences.
- ISTAT Online – This program offers virtual experiences for the ISTAT community and features a variety of industry icons sharing knowledge in an online format.
- Membership Directory — The membership directory is an up-to-date listing of ISTAT members and is available online as well as via the ISTAT Community app.
- ISTAT UPdate — A monthly eNewsletter that allows members to stay informed about timely industry and ISTAT topics and news on-the-go.
- Conference Proceedings — Presented at ISTAT conferences and posted on the ISTAT website for viewing. Includes transcripts of speeches, handout materials and other information of interest to the membership.
ISTAT provides professional development opportunities for members at various stages of their careers.
- ISTAT Rising Executives Program — Through networking events, educational offerings, content sharing and more, ISTAT members and professionals with less than ten years in the commercial aviation industry are provided the necessary resources they need to succeed in their roles and become future leaders in the industry.
- ISTAT Professional Development Program (PDP) — ISTAT PDP, in association with PwC, takes a deep dive into the airline industry, the design, manufacturing, maintenance and valuation of commercial aircraft, and the trading and financing of them.
- ISTAT Appraisers Program — Members with a minimum of two years of full-time professional aviation-related experience and a four-year bachelor's degree or a three-year bachelor's degree with at least one year's worth of credits towards a master's degree are invited to sit for the four certification exames to become an ISTAT Certified Appraiser.
Members Between Jobs
ISTAT provides complimentary membership and admission to events for members who may be in temporary need, or are between jobs and meet certain guidelines. If you are in need and believe that you may be eligible for this program, please complete the application form below.
Starting 1 January 2022, individuals who have been an ISTAT member for the past five years are eligible to apply for access to the following benefits:
- Membership: Members between jobs receive complimentary membership for 6 months, from the date of application approval.
- ISTAT Conferences & Forums: Members receive complimentary registration to conferences (ISTAT Americas, Asia, EMEA and Latin America) while unemployed,* if they've attended three or more ISTAT Conferences/Forums in the prior five years.
- Members-Only Events: Members continue to receive complimentary registration to additional ISTAT events, such as airshows and receptions.*
*Please note that complimentary event registrations must be requested separately at the time the event registration is available to members.
ISTAT historically provides the ISTAT Foundation with an annual grant on behalf of its members to continue its mission of supporting individuals and institutions that promote the commercial aviation industry and humanitarianism. Since 1995, ISTAT members have supported their Foundation with more than $7,350,000 USD granted to the Foundation's five giving programs. Learn more here.
The ISTAT Career Center is a robust resource that individual members as well as HR professionals within ISTAT member companies can use to seek qualified candidates to fill open positions within the commercial aviation industry. Employers can access the ISTAT Career Center to learn more about how to post a career opportunity. Create an account to receive access to a bank of resumes of interested job seekers as well. Job Seekers can explore job opportunities in the commercial aviation industry at no cost. Search by job title or geographic location. Upload your resume to encourage companies to reach out to you directly with new career opportunities. Learn more here.
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Special Offer
Your ISTAT membership includes an exciting member-exclusive benefit from the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York City. Now through 31 December 2021, ISTAT members and one (1) guest receive free admission to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum including access to the submarine Growler and the Space Shuttle Pavilion. Click here to download your museum pass. Click here to view the upcoming Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum events in October.